Thursday, December 29, 2016

Mailbox painting....




I just finished painting this mailbox for a friend of mine. She loved it! She's going to put it in a protected place of course...we live in Canada after all! Although I did paint a mailbox with DecoArt paints once and it lasted several years though the water dripped right on it and icicles hung off it all winter. 

I really like painting little cottages with light spilling out of the windows. So "Thomas Kinkade-esque" but the design is by Jackie Claflin and altered a fair bit by me. There are no hidden "N's" in the design as Kincade always did (N - for Nanette - his first bride) So romantic... 

 I hope that someone taking classes this fall will want to paint it so I can do it on something else while I'm teaching them. Hmmm...maybe a big canvas for my livingroom wall.... 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...